How do I know I am an overthinker? How can I stop overthinking?
Here are signs that you’re an overthinker:
- relive embarrassing moments in your head repeatedly.
- have trouble sleeping because it feels like your brain won’t shut off.
- ask oneself a lot of “what if…” questions.
- spend a lot of time thinking about the hidden meaning in things people say or events that happen.
- rehash conversations you had with people in mind and think about all the things we wished we had or hadn’t said.
- constantly relive mistakes.
- When someone says or acts in a way we don’t like, we keep replaying it in our mind.
- Sometimes not aware of what’s going on around because we are dwelling on things that happened in the past or worrying about things that might happen in the future.
- spend a lot of time worrying about things you have no control over.
- can’t get mind off worries.
Find a distraction. Pursue your hobby, indulge yourself in activities that interest you. Be with people who make you feel good about yourself, surround yourself with a calm and peaceful environment. You should be open to change because change brings growth and, with growth comes learning.